875 Central Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer Candidates: Current New York State Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent permanent status as a Senior Health Planner OR current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent permanent service in a G18 or higher title deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Qualifications: Six (6) years of experience where your primary duty was performing two of the five following activities:
1. Health services research and analysis of health care systems resources, beds, services allocations, or processes of care.
2. Demographic or economic analysis for projecting need for health care facilities and services.
3. Analysis of health care resources, staffing needs, usage patterns, health services quality, or patterns of clinical care.
4. Health care policy development and analysis on a statewide, regional, or count basis.
5. Preparation or review of CON applications in a State regulated health care facility or governmental agency.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, knowledge of Microsoft Office products; strong writing and verbal skills; and Experience or knowledge of long-term care services or the licensing and certification of Department of Health-regulated facilities.
Duties Description This Senior Health Planner position is in the Bureau of Nursing Home Licensure in the Center for Long-Term Care Licensure, Planning, and Finance. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Support operations for the Bureau’s duties and initiatives;
• Perform analysis of the nursing home licensure activities and other Bureau initiatives progress and results;
• Assist with quality assurance recommendations and procedures for Bureau functions and processes;
• Assist the Bureau Director at meetings with industry stakeholders;
• Assist the Bureau Director with analyzing and presenting key nursing home licensure metrics and topics to stakeholders and executive staff;
• Assist with research and develop policy statements to address emerging nursing home licensure issues;
• May review and make recommendations on applications for nursing home licensure, as needed, including working with applicants to obtain all required information;
• Respond to licensure questions from providers, applicants, consultants, and associations;
• Collaborate and coordinate with other Bureaus, Centers, Regional Offices, and DOH staff as needed;
• Attend meetings and provide updates to Supervisor and other management staff as requested;
• Work on projects/programs related to nursing home licensure and other Center objectives; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments We offer free parking.
We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more...
For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SM/SHP/46999 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SM/SHP/46999, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.