OR NYC or other locations statewide*
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Contract Management Specialist 2, OR in a position at SG-21 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of NYS Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list certification for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Minimum Qualification for 52.7 Non-Competitive Promotion:
If there are no more than three qualified candidates in the promotion field within this agency for this position, the agency will request approval from the Department of Civil Service to fill this position via a noncompetitive promotion (NCP) examination, pursuant to Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. In order to be eligible for a NCP, candidates must be a current New York Office of IT Services employee in the direct promotion field with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c status as a Contract Management Specialist 1.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Contract Management Specialist 3, SG-27, the Contract Management Specialist 2, SG-23, will perform a wide variety of activities associated with contractual, administrative, and fiscal management services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Purchase Information Technology (IT) products and services for ITS and on behalf of client agencies;
• Provide procurement support on the development of Statements of Work (SOWs) by program areas;
• Prepare and process Purchase Requisition (PR) in the Statewide Financial System (SFS) for general purchases and agency contract purchases;
• Prepare procurement records into separate procurement packages;
• Update ITS internal procurement tracking spreadsheets and databases;
• Vendor management, such as participating in contract renewal negotiations, vendor disputes and vendor meetings pertaining to current or prospective procurements;
• Review and process agency contract amendments and extensions as required;
• Participate in the development of single/sole source justifications as required and justifications of the reasonableness of rates charged by vendors;
• Interact with OGS, BSC, and SFS to address issues with Purchase Requisitions (PR) and Purchase Orders (PO);
• Manage the procurement process for cloud services and more complex software license renewals;
• Serve as financial evaluator for financial proposals submitted in response to ITS Requests for Proposal (RFPs);
• Responsible for the full range of activities associated with best value procurements including scope development, vendor pre-bid meetings and debriefings, issuing solicitations, receipt and evaluation of bids, conducting technical evaluator training and coordinating evaluations, preparing award recommendation memoranda, finalizing contract with vendor, obtaining control agency contract approvals, establishing contract and contract purchase orders in SFS;
• Define agency-wide procedures and workflows for program areas for agency contracts and/or best value procurements (e.g. RFPs, PBITS, IFBs);
• Interact with ITS attorneys on contractual matters;
• Participate in strategy meetings with Finance and ITS executive management on procurement approaches for identified agency needs;
• Represent unit or agency at inter-agency meetings, pre-bid conferences or demonstrations, general vendor forums or MWBE and Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Business (SDVOB) events, as assigned;
• Performs all supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Comments Background check and fingerprinting are required.
This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Up to 50% telecommuting
• And many more.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a cover letter and resume and indicate that you are applying for Contract Management Specialist 2, Ref #6625M and include the Vacancy ID in your subject line. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position. Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees. New York State is an equal opportunity employer.