Minimum Qualifications Possession of license and current registration as a registered professional nurse in New York State.
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the increased hiring salary and geographic pay differential. Posted hiring salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 18 ($63,108), Increased Hiring Salary ($8,668), and Geographic Differential ($20,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($80,248) for PS&T Grade 18.
Duties Description As a member of the OPWDD Division of Quality Improvement, Bureau of Program Certification, responsibilities of the RN may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· The incumbent of the position will participate in field surveys at residential and day program sites serving developmentally disabled individuals focusing primarily on the provision of health care services provided to individuals with Developmental Disabilities
· The incumbent will function as part of a survey team or may work independently in the field to medical and associated records, perform interviews, and make observations to ensure regulatory compliance with health care services provided to individuals receiving services.
· Office duties will include, but not limited to, extensive report writing of a technical nature that has associated time frame requirements.
· Provide technical assistance related to the survey staff, and as requested, to the provider field, for health care issues.
· Assist in training Standards Compliance Analysts in surveying for health care issues.
· Assist with the content development and provision of training for provider agency staff with an emphasis on health care issues. This includes participation in regularly scheduled provider training forums.
· Conducts special reviews of problem programs and agencies as assigned when complex medical concerns are identified.
· Conducts complaint investigations when health care concerns are reported as assigned.
· The incumbent of the position will be responsible to assist as needed in the development of survey protocols and guidelines for the review of health care services in OPWDD certified sites.
· Additional duties as directed by the Director.
*Telecommuting will be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments • The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and it's Division of Quality Improvement is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a
diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture, and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our
team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.