99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: Current NYS Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as an Associate Health Care Fiscal Analyst, SG-23; OR a current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service in a title allocated to G-21 or higher, and eligible for transfer to under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong critical thinking skills, strong analytical skills, significant experience with Microsoft Excel, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience should include knowledge of Medicaid policy, rate setting, and trend analysis. The candidate should also have knowledge of the NYS Medicaid program and have the ability to interact and collaborate with other Medicaid-related State Agencies, as well as the Division of the Budget and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Duties Description The Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP) is responsible for operating the State’s Medicaid program, which provides coverage to over 7.5 million members and totals over $100 billion in annual expenditures.
The Division of Finance and Rate Setting (DFRS) is responsible for all functions within OHIP related to rate setting, including fee for service and managed care rates. This division has full oversight of the Medicaid budget, is the liaison with the Division of Budget, and manages the Medicaid Global Spending Cap.
Within DFRS, the Bureau of Nursing Home and Long Term Care Rate Setting consists of four teams that conduct rate setting, cost analysis, and other financial evaluation activities for public and private nursing homes and a range of long term care facilities and support services.
The Associate Health Care Fiscal Analysts will serve as lead financial analysts in the management of rate setting functions for Medicaid fee-for-service programs including nursing home services, adult day health care services, and/or home care services.
The incumbent of each position will:
• Perform high-level analysis in their review and preparation of rate packages for annual and supplemental rates for their programs, participate in the collection of cost report data, and conduct reviews related to rate appeals;
• Interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, legal affairs, and program staff within the Department as well as other state agencies, consultants, state auditors, and Medicaid providers;
• Develop deliverables and occasionally present materials to executive staff in DFRS;
• Calculate and load Medicaid fee-for-service rates for health care service providers;
• Track, analyze, and project payment rates on a quarterly and annual basis;
• Process and review programmatic audit reports;
• Develop, organize, and improve policy and procedures for rate-setting;
• Organize data, reports, and policies for executive staff review and recordkeeping;
• Draft and prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State regulations, including the fiscal impacts of proposed changes;
• Maintain rate information on the Department’s public website;
• Research, review, and interpret relevant rate setting law; and
• Supervise a G-18 Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst (or comparable title) in the completion of similar tasks.
Additional Comments Microsoft Excel knowledge, skills, and abilities are a requirement.
This posting will remain up until the positions are filled.
For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SCD/AHCFA/61117,61120,61153,62003 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SCD/AHCFA/61117,61120,61153,62003, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.