295 Main Street, Ellicott Square
Minimum Qualifications Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Health Program Administrator (G18); OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to a Health Program Administrator (G18), Health Program Administrator Trainee 1 (NS), or Health Program Administrator Trainee 2 (NS).
For more information on the types of transfers, transfer eligibility criteria, and the current transfer determinations for your title, visit the following website. https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/index.cfm.
Public candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list #26-872 with a score of 100 or higher OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred candidates will have professional experience in public health insurance programs, including New York’s Medicaid and/or Medicare. Preferred candidates will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical skills and attention to detail; strong organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access); the ability to work well independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines; and experience using electronic data systems, such as eMedNY, WMS and NYSOH Back Office. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Duties Description The Health Program Administrator/Trainee will work within the Bureau of Quality Management and Change Control and will assist with the development and execution of a quality assurance plan designed to monitor and evaluate the work of the NY State of Health contractor and DOH staff and the management of change control activities. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and revision of quality assurance plans and electronic tracking tools for the assessment of contractor performance;
- Assist with the creation of monthly reports reflecting the results of quality assurance audits;
- Assist with conducting trend analyses, suggesting program improvements or adjustments as needed.
- Assist with coordinating the approval of work instruction changes by subject matter experts
- Assist with tracking requested changes to work instructions and policies and procedures
- Assist with reviewing work instruction edits completed by the Contractor to ensure they reflect requested changes
Additional Comments We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more...
For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference SD/HPA/79973,79974 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group,SD/HPA/79973,79974, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.