Hudson River Special Project
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services.
Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license is preferred, but not required.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Trades Generalist position within the Bureau of Environmental Design and Improvement located in the Hudson River region. The position will be part of the Hudson River Special Projects team, which is responsible for completing capital funded projects at various facilities within the Hudson River area.
Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, installation, and construction tasks in one or more of the mechanical (HVAC), carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, and masonry trades.
• Provide field supervision to staff whose duties include facility maintenance and construction.
• Follow written and verbal instructions, project plans, and schedules.
• Possess working knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in trades to which assigned.
• Work independently as needed.
• Perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
• May climb ladders and work at heights on scaffolds and platforms, and in confined spaces.
• Demonstrate the ability to adhere to OSHA safety standards.
• Team travel within assigned region to multiple OMH facilities.
• May be expected to qualify to use a negative pressure (N95) respirator.
Additional Comments This position is eligible for the downstate adjustment of $3,087.
These positions are part of the Hudson River Special Project team, which is responsible for completing capital funded projects at various facilities within the Hudson River area. The regional revitalization team concept was first adopted for the New York City region in 1984-85, and soon expanded to five regions that cover the entire state. The Environmental Revitalization Teams are made up of Trades Generalist, Maintenance Assistant, and Facility Operations Assistant 1 positions that perform ongoing maintenance and small renovation projects to augment facility support staff services. The teams operate on an ongoing basis, making visits at each OMH facility in the region twice each year.
Candidates are not eligible for reimbursement of travel costs.
Generous benefit package includes:
• Paid vacation leave
• Paid personal leave
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick leave
• Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision care benefits
• Membership in the New York State and Local Employees' Retirement System, and
• Various savings plan programs.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered, interested candidates should email a resume as an attachment in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #145248 in the subject line of your email when applying. Resumes may also be faxed to (518) 486-3897. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #XXXXX on your cover sheet or resume when faxing.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.