317 Lenox Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Business Systems Analyst 1 (SG-18)
Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title. Information regarding transfer eligibility is available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
Please note: Titles which require special qualifications must also meet the following criteria:
Business Systems Analyst 1 (SG-18): A bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional business analysis experience where your primary duty was performing three of the five following activities:
• Using business analysis techniques to elicit requirements as the foundation for the solution to the organization's business needs (e.g., workshops, focus groups, interviews, observation, brainstorming, surveys/questionnaires, JAD Sessions).
• Using business analysis techniques for the purpose of identifying solutions aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the system, business process, or product/service to fulfill the business requirements (e.g., Data Flow Diagram, Business Process Model, Root Cause Analysis, Fish Bone Diagram, Context Diagram, Business Process Flows, or Fit-Gap Analysis).
• Describing in a comprehensive written document what the system, process, or product service must do in order to satisfy the established business requirement; this includes creating, updating, and maintaining documentation through the system development life cycle (e.g., Business Case, Use Case, Business Requirements Document [BRD], Fit-Gap Analysis, Impact and Feasibility Analysis, Change Management Analysis).
• Validating requirements throughout the product/system development life cycle (SDLC), including all changes to the processes that would enable an organization to achieve its goals.
• Verifying requirements throughout the product/system development life cycle (SDLC) to ensure they perform to the required specifications and are capable of achieving the design capabilities; this includes developing test plans/scenarios and logical designs, testing the scenarios, reviewing test results, identifying constraints and risks, and/or communicating with stakeholders.
55 B/C: This position is eligible for 55b/c appointment, and candidates with 55b/c eligibility are encouraged to apply. To be eligible for a 55b/c appointment, candidate must be currently enrolled in the Civil Service 55b/c program and possess a bachelor’s degree or higher. For appointment to the Business Systems Analyst 1, G-18, candidates must also meet the qualifications listed above. Information about the 55b/c program can be found here: https://www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/.
Reachable on the appropriate eligible list in Albany.
The ideal candidate will possess strong project management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
Duties Description The Business Systems Analyst 1 will work with program-specific business owners and interagency partners to develop and implement components of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES), an initiative to modernize the State’s health and human services systems. This position will serve as an agency-wide point of contact, helping to ensure timely decision-making and coordination amongst impacted program areas. Duties during the design, development, and implementation phases of IES will include, but will not be limited to:
• Coordinating agency participation in the documentation of existing business systems and processes;
• Coordinating agency participation in the definition, validation, and prioritization of business and functional requirements;
• Coordinating the review, consolidation of responses, and approval of project deliverables;
• Identifying and facilitating any statutory, regulatory, or policy changes necessary to implement IES and achieve business process improvements;
• Participating in the development of systems and training documentation (e.g., policy directives, user manuals, and desk references);
• Coordinating and participating in user acceptance testing and defect resolution;
• Reporting the status of project activities, including risks and issues, to management.
• The position will continue in a governance role in the maintenance and operations phase of IES.
Additional Comments A full-time, permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title. This position will require occasional travel.
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com and reference posting #23271A. DO NOT REFERENCE THE VACANCY ID NUMBER.
Veterans may be entitled to additional compensation if this position is filled via a traineeship. Applicants should identify themselves as a Veteran if this applies to you.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact OTDA's designee for reasonable accommodations at (518) 473-8555.