Minimum Qualifications To be considered for appointment, candidates must be reachable from the proper Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer following Civil Service Law.
NOTE: Engineering Traineeship Program: As an Engineer Trainee, you will serve a 24-month traineeship that leads to Assistant Engineer, Grade 20. To advance to Assistant Engineer, you must have obtained proof of passing the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Fundamentals of Engineering Examination (FE) and successfully completed the requirements of the traineeship to the satisfaction of the appointing authority. At the discretion of the appointing authority, early advancement to Assistant Engineer is possible if you have obtained your FE and have successfully completed twelve months of the traineeship. It is your responsibility to notify the appointing authority’s personnel office upon obtaining proof of passing the FE. You may receive an increase in salary upon obtaining your FE. Information about this increase will be provided by the appointing authority.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Regional Construction Engineer, the Resource Manager will be responsible for oversight, coordination, planning and reporting of a variety of staffing, consultant, funding, purchasing, training and equipment activities. These activities will include:
• Assist in preparing work assignments for field staff to capital projects
• Manage the consultant inspection program including requesting agreements, reviewing proposals, requesting staffing, review/approve estimates and complete evaluations
• Manage the Temporary Construction Inspector program including interviewing, hiring and field assignments
• Manage the CSMIN contract for field office IT equipment and general field office equipment
• Manage state vehicle usage and assignments and personal car mileage for field staff
• Track and monitor overtime usage, NPS expenditures and Pcard expenditures
• Prepare and submit EIC upgrade worksheets and the annual Work Plan
Maintain various internal information sources and provide general administrative support for the office and staff.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, Suite 1s50
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice
Number R01-23-114 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than
December 18th, 2023.