State Office Campus, Building 12
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for this position, a review of your state history is needed. Please provide the last four digits of your social security number in your email response or on your resume. If you are not comfortable providing this information in your response, a representative from our office will contact you via phone.
Candidates may apply if eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
52.6 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates with one year of permanent, contingent permanent or 55 b/c service in a title equated to M-2/G-27 or above and designated administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law may be eligible for transfer.
Consecutive transfers cannot result in an increase of more than one M-grade or two salary grades.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer is available through Civil Service GOT-IT at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
The candidate must have one year of permanent, contingent-permanent status as an Operations Support Manager 2, or Assistant Director Operations Support. The appointed candidate would have to take, pass and be reachable on the next holding of the examination to be appointed permanently.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Candidates should possess an ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
Duties Description Standard Duties: The Director of Operations Support 1 will report to the Director of Business Administration, and will perform the following duties including but not limited to:
• Assists in the direction of the overall administration, management, and coordination of centralized support functions for all agency owned and leased properties statewide
• Monitors the assignments of staff, establishes staff priorities, and provides technical advice and assistance
• Develops the annual budget and program goals, staffing requirements, equipment, and space allocations; composes the annual report and special reports, as required
• Reviews section reports and continually evaluates operations to identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Remains current on procurement, contract, leasing, property management, internal controls, emergency management, disaster preparedness, records management and related policies and advances to identify new requirements and/or opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
• Represents the agency in high level contacts with control agencies, such as the Office of General Services (OGS), the Division of Budget (DOB), the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC), and the Office of the Attorney General (AG) related to contract, procurement, and fleet management issues
• Represents the agency with DOB, OSC, AG, OGS and other State agencies, consulting architectural firms, vendors, attorneys, real estate agents, landlords, and other similar individuals and groups in negotiations for complex and/or costly leases, contracts, rental-purchase agreements, and building renovation projects to obtain terms and conditions satisfactory to the department
• Provides guidance to division director related to high profile or sensitive procurement or other support services matters
• Provides managerial support, and advises operations support staff
• Performs the full range of administrative supervisory duties
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus Bldg 12 Rm 561
Notes on ApplyingAll candidates must submit a written resume and cover letter which clearly demonstrates how they meet the minimum qualifications for the position. These documents must be received by December 15, 2023 and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the NYS Department of Labor, Personnel Bureau, Building 12, Room 561, State Office Campus, Albany, NY 12240. You must include, Vacancy ID #145282, Director Operations Support 1– Albany, in the subject line of your email. Failure to do so may result in a delay of processing your application.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
New York State (NYS) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. NYS Law prohibits discrimination because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, domestic violence victim status, carrier status, gender identity or prior conviction records, or prior arrests, youthful offender adjudications or sealed records unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
If you are a person with a disability and wish to request that a reasonable accommodation be provided for you to participate in a job interview, please contact: Department of Labor, Attn: Director, Division of Equal Opportunity and Development (DEOD), Building 12, Albany, NY 12240 (Phone (518) 457-1984 and/or fax (518) 485-2575.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.