50 Wolf Rd
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Principal Capital Program Analyst, the incumbent will serve as Unit Supervisor of the team responsible for procurement records and contracts developed or facilitated by the Public Transportation Bureau (PTB), including all associated administrative processes and required coordination. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assemble/produce required documents for submission to the NYSDOT Contact Management Bureau and Office of Finance – ex. B-1184, Procurement Record Approval, Local Resolution, System for Award Management (SAM) Unique Entity ID, Vendor Responsibility Profile (VRP), Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire (VRQ), Insurance Certifications, and Charity Registration for non-profit organizations;
• Responsible for certain transactions in the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and the Office of the State Comptroller’s (OSC) Electronic Documents Submission System (EDSS) related to procurement records and contracts, including Contract Reporter Exemption Requests (CRER) for PTB, as necessary;
• Develop and oversee maximum payable contracts for the Intercity Bus Program, Urban Transit Systems Capital Program, and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 and 5311 programs;
• Review and analyze FTA grants and Accelerated Transit Capital (ACT) program / Modernization and Enhancement Program (MEP) applications to produce required documents for submission to OSC;
• Work directly with NYSDOT Division of Legal Affairs and Office of Diversity & Opportunity to incorporate new state and federal legislation/appropriation language/State Management Review findings into contract templates used by PTB for transit-related agreements;
• Produce, as necessary, Supplemental Agreements/Attachments and backup materials to amend sponsor contracts, and review and complete tracking of amendments;
• Develop and submit answers/clarification of questions from Contract Management Bureau, the Office of the Attorney General, and OSC;
• Produce reports to executive management/state and federal legislators on the status of major transit capital projects outside the MTA (non-MTA);
• Participate in FTA State Management Reviews (FTA SMRs) and assist with Procurement-related audit and reviews;
• Assist in development, vendor selection, and oversight of Office of General Services (OGS) Transit (Adult Passenger) Bus Contract with the OGS Procurement Services Office (OGS NYSPro);
• Assist with the Statewide Transit Operating Assistance (STOA) program formula development and payment process as directed by the Office of Finance and Division of Budget (DOB);
• Assist in oversight of 17a reporting for non-MTA transit authorities – including review of financial and capital reports, and financial projections based on Mortgage Recording Tax and other funding sources; analysis of their project budgets in accordance with NYSDOT assumptions/requirements and financial constraints; provide recommended actions/funding levels to Office of Finance for submission to DOB;
• Assist in development of requirements/guidance/application for ACT/MEP and assist PTB system specialists in educating/assisting sponsors, and review/approval of submitted applications;
• Supervise professional staff, as assigned.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-598 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than December 15th, 2023