Intersection Rt. 23 & Bross St.
Minimum Qualifications Two years of full-time experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled tradesperson; OR completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services, such as the New York State Civil Service Employees Association-Partnership (NYS CSEA-P) Applied Skilled Trades Certificate Program*; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of appropriate technical courses at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services.
*Successful completion of the NYS CSEA-P Applied Skilled Trades Certificate Program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific classroom instruction, 45 hours of technical math course work, 45 hours of technical communications course work, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading course work. It does not include 4,000 hours of on-the-job training, as required for the NYS CSEA-P Applied Skilled Trades Traineeship.
When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Duties Description Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Operates machine tools.
• Repairs, maintains, and services mechanical equipment.
• Performs routine replacements and repair of plumbing and steam fitting equipment and installation of new equipment.
• Performs semiskilled carpentry activities, including repairing doors, windows, railings, and locks.
• Operates and maintains heating and hot water equipment.
• Performs semiskilled masonry repairs.
• Assists in painting and decorating work.
• Performs the routine tasks of the electrical trade, including repairing electrical equipment.
• Applicant must be able to perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
• When deemed necessary by supervisor, Maintenance Assistants may be assigned to other maintenance activities, such as snow and ice control. When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid Class B New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments The starting salary for this position is $49,193. This amount is comprised of the base salary of $40,193 with an additional geographic pay differential of $9,000, specific to this title and location.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The New York State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minority group members, disabled persons and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided for the disabled.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, Suite 1s50
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number R01-23-113 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than December 11th, 2023