44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications This position requires a New York State Professional Architect’s License and current registration.
Candidates must have permanent status as Senior Architect, Grade 24, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law
The Civil Service eligible list for Senior Architect has been exhausted. You may qualify for this position if you have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/55c service as an Assistant Architect AND you must possess a New York State Architect’s license and current registration
You may qualify for this position if you have a New York State Professional Architect’s License and current registration.
If you are provisionally appointed, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program under the Governor’s Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law who possess a New York State Professional Architect’s License and current registration, will also be considered. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility with your response.
Duties Description The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Senior Architect, Grade 24, position assigned to the Adult Community Care Group, Bureau of Housing Development & Support. The Senior Architect will perform project management duties for planning, design, procurement and construction, including the technical review of drawings and related details, for the creation, construction, rehabilitation or restoration of housing projects, buildings and facilities.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review working drawings for contractors, engineers and estimators to ensure they accurately reflect the project design and OMH requirements;
• Review work scopes, conduct approval reviews of project plans and specifications and manage and track projects through the design and construction process;
• Manages the proposed schedule for projects, ensuring that projects are completed on budget and on schedule.
• Utilize and maintain project records in the project management system;
• Evaluate project practicability in reference to scope requirements, budget restrictions, and construction schedules;
• Review and monitor projects to resolve emergency building and infrastructure situations;
• Evaluate requests for design changes and provide architectural advice and guidance in reference to proposed changes;
• Participate and assist in the selection of projects necessary to meet fire safety requirements, preserve the physical plant and infrastructure, enhance the programs offered to OMH clients, and ensure the health and safety of clients, staff and visitors at OMH-funded programs;
• Assist in developing annual capital budget requests for specific projects and programs, including annual spending plans;
• Review and approve contract change orders submitted for previously approved projects;
• Make field visits and inspections as required to investigate code compliance, complaints or emergency conditions and provide on-site technical advice;
• Participate with consulting services contracted through the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), Office of General Services, and OMH to resolve code and regulations violations and establish and maintain compliance management; and
• Perform special projects as required.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume as an attachment in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #145315 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.