Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree. MBA / professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA or CMA) helpful.
Relevant experience required: Four + years of business experience including 2 or more years of internal audit. Additional experience in private industry or government, with exposure to controls in such diverse functional areas as finance, operations (service-based), marketing, HR, information systems and project management.
Knowledge required: Techniques of internal/governmental auditing; principles of internal controls; written and oral communication skills; basic PC skills (spreadsheet and word processing.)
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
Provide independent review and effective internal audit coverage for ESD (ESD/DED) by conducting financial, operational, compliance, program audits. The objective is to evaluate and recommend improvements to the system of internal controls and the effectiveness and efficiency of ESD operations.
• With moderate supervision, conducts financial, operational, compliance and program audits, after planning, organizing and implementing a comprehensive audit program and approach.
• Reviews and evaluates the system of internal and management controls and assesses the likelihood of financial errors and identifies dollar errors which have actually occurred.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of programs or operations under audit, identifying and documenting audit recommendations and obtains responses from management.
• Maintains a strategic perspective in identifying potential concerns, assessing financial risks and procedural issues, taking into consideration the impact of the various departmental inter-relationships.
• Prepares formal Audit Reports, with moderate supervision, for presentation to management, and obtains and evaluates (with VP/AVP input) adequacy of Management’s responses.
• Perform one or more multiple ongoing project assignments. Responsible for completing audits in an effective and efficient manner, with moderate supervision. Takes initiative to inquire as to new projects when others are completed or postponed and monitor ongoing events of projects.
• Responsible for input and action regarding to audit decisions during the course of the audit and provide input to Audit superiors to assist the department in deciding who and what to audit and when.
• Assist in conduct of the annual internal control’s certification process.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY