Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on Current Civil Service Eligible List for this title.
Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 or 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Duties Description The individual in this position will serve as the Front Door Assistant Statewide Coordinator and be responsible for providing guidance and technical assistance to the field and stakeholders regarding Front Door policies and procedures in Regional Offices. This position is critical to ensuring individuals have access to the OPWDD services they need and is the entry point for individuals and families seeking support and services. The individual in this position will help to ensure individuals and families have a welcoming experience, obtain clear and helpful information about services, are guided through the complex processes of OPWDD eligibility and service access and ultimately secure supports and services that will enrich their lives.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Communicate effectively and provide guidance and technical support and assistance to the field and stakeholders regarding Front Door policies and procedures
• Address stakeholder concerns
• Work on development and maintenance of the Front Door procedural Manual and Front Door documents
• Attend and manage regular statewide webinars for Front Door leads and Front Door Community of practice
• Maintain the Front Door page on OPWDD's website and Sharepoint site for Front Door Statewide
• Manage related IT structures (i.e. the EAA tool and CHOICES) to ensure the proper and accurate support and facilitation of Front Door processes
• Maintain Data Management: leverage the EAA tool and other sources of information to produce and regularly report meaningful data on Front Door utilization and
• Manage and implement training, guidance and technical support to the field regarding Front Door
• Interface with other OPWDD units as needed
• Develop and implement policy and procedures related to Service Access Management
• Special projects and committees as requested
*Work hours and telecommuting to be discussed during interview
Additional Comments • The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and it's Division of Service Access, Program Implementation and Stakeholder Supports is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture, and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.