OR NYC or other locations statewide
Minimum Qualifications Open to individuals with six years of experience in user experience (UX) design activities and creating UX design plans for projects. Experience should include all phases of UX design from user research and modeling to conceptual and high fidelity prototyping to usability testing.
The following degrees may substitute for the required experience as indicated:
- Associate’s degree and five years of experience
- Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and four years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
- Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience.
Preferred qualification: At least one year of supervisory experience.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Assistant Director Information Technology Services 1, SG-64, within the Chief Technology Office, Innovation and Engineering Services bureau, User Experience section, the Project Coordinator, NS, will collaborate with project teams on design efforts in user experience (UX) and user interface design.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and mentor junior User Experience Designers,
- Conduct user research such as surveys, interviews, and persona creation,
- Conduct stakeholder workshops such as journey, ecosystem, and stakeholder mapping,
- Prescribe user experience design scopes of work for projects,
- Perform UX design work and create standard deliverables such as sketches, storyboards, wireframes, user stories, user flows, prototypes, and user testing,
- Create and synthesize (from various projects) user interface design patterns for broad reuse,
- Assist in training and supporting ITS project teams (primarily business analysts and user interface developers) to raise UX skills capacity so that those teams can reach autonomy and quality output.
- Perform the full range of supervisory duties.
Additional Comments NYS is an equal opportunity employer.
We are also recruiting for this role in NYC.
Some positions may require fingerprinting and background checks.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
- Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
- Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
- Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF
- Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
- Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
- Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
- Up to 50% telecommuting
- New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
- NYS Deferred Compensation
- Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- And many more.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street, Core 4, Floor 1
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter and indicate that you are applying for Project Coordinator, Ref. #4852, and include the Vacancy ID of this posting in your subject line. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.