Minimum Qualifications Candidates holding a permanent position of Multimedia Production Program Specialist 1 may be eligible for transfer.
Promotion/Provisional Qualifications: One year of competitive or non-competitive service as an Audiovisual Production Specialist, Graphic Designer 1, Photographer 3, or Audiovisual Training and Production Specialist.
Open Competitive/Provisional Qualifications: six years of experience in producing multimedia communication projects using elements of audiovisual production, or graphic design for web, or graphic design for print;
Bachelor's degree in video and/or TV and/or film production, web interface design, graphic design, communications design, or a closely related field and two years of experience as listed above.
Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program under the Governor’s Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. To be considered, you must meet the minimum qualifications and provide a copy of your letter of eligibility with your response.
Duties Description • Develop/update java-server pages (JSPs), interface design, ensure adherence to accessibility, usability and established policies and standards.
• Maintain a close relationship with Board staff who oversee content to ensure that updates are done regularly.
• Promote plain language and best practices.
• Assist with photo research to identify and optimize images for use as hero images.
• Maintain the Employee Directory by adding and removing employees, updating existing employee information and receiving and optimizing photos used in
• Assist with updates to Paid Family Leave website.
• Test WebNY code updates to Drupal platform for impacts on Paid Family Leave site.
• Assist with usability evaluations for all websites.
• Test web pages and applications for WCAG accessibility compliance.
• Review SiteImprove reports and identify and fix issues.
• Create new and update existing Board Forms.
• Test 2D barcodes with scanning vendor.
• Monitor Forms Department mailbox.
• Maintain log for requested updates to forms and the form status.
• Post updated forms and corresponding filing information on the Board's website.
• Identify and update forms that won't open in Google Chrome.
• Participate in meetings and provide recommendations for form design.
• Develop field requirements and field validations for online forms.
• Work with ITS to develop and perform pre-deployment testing for online html forms.
• Develop Adaptive forms using AEM.
• Identify and add appropriate mark-up for machine translation of web pages.
• Experience with java-server pages (JSPs), HTML and CSS, interface design.
• Ability to review and optimize visual assets for the web.
• Ability to optimize PDF documents for accessibility.
• Experience developing field requirements and field validations for online forms.
• Experience developing and performing pre-deployment testing for online html forms.
• Knowledge of how to develop Adaptive forms using AEM.
Additional Comments Please Note: A hybrid telecommuting schedule can be discussed with the hiring manager during the interview.
The Workers’ Compensation Board (Board) is an equal opportunity employer. The Board does not discriminate based upon age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, military or veteran status, sex, disability (including pregnancy-related conditions), predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The Board is dedicated to eliminating injustices and ensuring diversity in our workforce so we can better serve our staff and create a space where all feel safe to be themselves. To help meet those goals, we encourage applicants from marginalized communities to apply. We are looking for candidates who are committed to working in and contributing to an environment that fosters a sense of belonging, as well as inclusion, and celebrates people of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
328 State Street
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #1132 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)