99 Washington Avenue, One Commerce Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: Current New York State Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Medicaid Eligibility Examiner 3, Grade 17.
Preferred qualifications: Preferred candidates will have experience in public health insurance programs, including New York's Medicaid and/or Medicare. Preferred candidates will also have excellent oral and written communication skills; strong analytical skills and attention to detail; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access); the ability to work well independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines; and experience using electronic data systems, such as eMedNY and NYSOH Back Office. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Duties Description The Medicaid Eligibility Examiner 3 (MEE 3) will work within the Division of Medicaid Eligibility and Marketplace Integration’s (DEMI) Bureau of Community Enrollment and Eligibility.
Duties may include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations related to eligibility.
• Assist with the transition of program operations from the local social service districts to NY State of Health.
• Provide technical assistance to local social service districts, state agencies, clients, health care providers, advocacy groups, and professional organizations.
• Assist with managing the manual work associated with eligibility determinations for certain populations.
• Complete eligibility determination timely for certain populations.
• Potentially supervise and train subordinate staff on project work procedures
Additional Comments We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more...
For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference SD/MEE3/79678,79392 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/MEE3/79678,79392, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.