Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer in title: Currently a non-probationary DA 1 --Salary Grade 12.
70.1 Promotion/Transfer Qualifications: One-year permanent service as: Direct Support Assistant Or Direct Support Assist/IRM, Both SG-9; Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-10; Senior Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-11; Or Non- Probationary DA 1/IRM, SG-12.
Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Developmental Assistant Trainee may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The DA 1 position will be utilized as a hands-on working supervisor who is counted as part of the daily direct care staffing minimum.
• This person will assist with planning and scheduling community inclusion activities and ensures that all individuals have an opportunity to participate.
• Assures that behavior and residential habilitation plans are enacted as written.
• Perform house maintenance inspections and schedule needed repairs.
• Completes other duties as delegated by the DA 2 & DA 3.
• This person will also have supervisory duties related to the afternoon and midnight shift.
Additional Comments TITLE: Developmental Assistant 1 / Trainee
NUMBER OF POSITITONS: One
SALARY GRADE: SG 11/12
SALARY: $50,749 – $58,016 Annually
Appointment may also be made at the Trainee 1 level at Salary Grade 11 (Hiring rate $50,749). Candidates may be required to serve a one-year traineeship that leads to the Salary Grade 12 position (Hiring Rate $53,522). The traineeship includes a comprehensive training plan that will be individualized based on the candidate’s experience.
NEGOTIATING UNIT: CSEA - 04
OFFICE/REGION: OPWDD – Region 2
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: State Operations
LOCATION: Highland IRA - Cortland
4102 Highland Rd.
Cortland, NY 13045
SHIFT/PASS DAYS: Schedule: 10pm - 8am Sunday - Wednesday
Pass days: Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Internal CNY DDSO candidates submit PRF-1 form with cover letter/resume. All others submit cover letter and resume by 12/15/2023 to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
N. Syracuse, NY 13212
Please reference the above EOA # 23-350 in all correspondence.
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to, Neil Clary, TTL, 607-756-5637 ext. 123.
OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.