Alfred E. Smith Building
Minimum Qualifications Administrative Assistant Trainee 1, SG-8: One year of permanent service in a title SG-6 or higher and otherwise eligible for transfer.
Administrative Assistant Trainee 2, SG-10: One year of permanent service in a title SG-8 or higher and otherwise eligible for transfer.
Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11: Permanent service in a Secretary 1 title OR one year of permanent service in a title SG-9 or higher and otherwise eligible for transfer OR reachable on the current Secretary 1 eligible list.
Duties Description Reporting to an Administrative Specialist 1, the Administrative Assistant 1 will provide administrative support to the Office of Youth Justice (OYJ) SNUG Social Work and SNUG Outreach leadership. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing for training by creating, reviewing, and assembling materials to support the SNUG team;
• Securing lodging for SNUG trainers and completing their travel vouchers. The incumbent will be responsible for all training logistics;
• Collaborate with OYJ administrative staff to secure contracts for vendors/trainers;
• Assist with purchasing any gear or additional materials needed for the 14 SNUG sites across the state;
• Maintain an employee tracking system for the 14 SNUG sites. The incumbent will assist the SNUG leadership with tracking training and sharing monthly reports to the sites;
• Assist with scheduling meetings/training for SNUG leadership. The incumbent will work closely with the Office of Youth Justice administrative team to meet the office’s needs; and,
• 10% travel is required.
Additional Comments NOTE: Trainees will be required to take four mandatory courses the first year of the traineeship and four elective courses in the second year of the traineeship in four competency areas through the CSEA Partnership or equivalent offerings through another entity as determined by the agency. All trainees are required to successfully complete all courses before advancing to the Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
Completion of coursework is not required for appointment to the Trainee 1 level; however, you may be required to take a keyboard performance test if you have not served in a keyboarding title or previously passed a keyboarding exam. Please contact Human Resources for any questions on eligibility or regarding the traineeship.
A list of titles eligible for 70.1 transfer may be found here: https://www.cs.ny.gov/businesssuite/title-transfer-matrix.cfm
An employee telecommuting program is available.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. DCJS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Unit at DEI@dcjs.ny.gov or (518) 485-1704.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Alfred E. Smith Building
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a cover letter and resume to the email address above. Please reference posting #145406 on your cover letter.
DCJS was named to the Times Union’s list of 2017 through 2023 Top Workplaces as voted on by our employees.