75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for appointment, candidates must be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law OR be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Assistant Purchasing Agent, Grade 14, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law into the Assistant Purchasing Agent or Purchasing Agent Trainee level.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to an Assistant Purchasing Agent, Grade 14, positions within the Office of Financial Management, Bureau of Procurement Enterprise Services. The Bureau of Procurement Enterprise Services (BPES) provides contract management and procurement services to 24 facilities, OMH Central Office, OMH Cook Chill Production Center, and OMH Capital Operations.
The incumbents will be responsible for conducting, overseeing, and providing guidance on purchasing activities, operations, policies, and laws, rules and regulations for OMH Central Office and Psychiatric Centers.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist in the development of bid documents and administering the solicitation and evaluation processes;
* Conduct Request for Proposals, Invitation for Bids, and Request for Quotes to obtain goods and services;
* Review/monitor and track assigned workload by using internal databases, project management tools, and SharePoint records as required;
* Perform a variety of functions related to contract management;
* Assist with special assignments and projects related;
* Purchase goods and services using appropriate procurement methodologies;
* Conduct analysis for establishing Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) and Service-disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SDVOB) goals for contract and purchases;
* Analyze data and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders;
* Utilize the Statewide Financial System (SFS) for contract and purchase transactions;
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments The salary listed applies to candidates appointed to Assistant Purchasing Agent, SG-14. The salary for candidates appointed to Purchasing Agent Trainee starts at $46,529 and, for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire.
The Bureau of Procurement Enterprise Services is conveniently located in independent offices on the grounds of the Capital District PC at 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, New York. Guaranteed covered parking with exclusive employee entrance to office areas is available for $5/month.
Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #145417 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.