44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Contract Management Specialist 2, Grade 23, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting a Contract Management Specialist 2, Grade 23, position within the Adult Community Care Group. Under the direction of a Mental Health Program Specialist 3, the Contract Management Specialist 2 will be assigned to the Housing Development and Support, Capital Management Unit. The incumbent will be responsible to supervise and guide staff responsible for coordinating with the Division of Budget on funding requests, executing capital contracts, and coordinating payments on new housing and Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) development. The incumbent will perform higher level contract management duties as well as provide contract related guidance to their unit staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor all Housing Development and Support procurement-related matters including contracts, purchase orders and credit card processing and payment administration.
o Communicate to staff the numerous procedures and techniques, laws, rules, regulations, and/or policies required to ensure continued compliance.
o Lead staff in the approval process of proposed contracts to ensure fiscal and programmatic correctness, adherence to State policy, compatibility with agency programs and goals, availability of funds and appropriateness of rates.
• Coordinate the execution of capital contracts and other required capital documentation.
• Develop and assist with the development and/or negotiation of contracts, RFPs, and other related financial documents.
• Monitor payment process for assigned contracts, ensure payments are completed in a manner consistent with contractual payment provisions.
• Ensure all payments on the approved spending plan are processed in a timely manner. Review contracts to ensure appropriate guidelines, rules and regulations are met and adhered to, and all required approvals are obtained in accordance with State and agency polices.
• Coordinate the submission of documents to the control agencies for final review and approval, and address control agencies’ concerns and respond to control agency requests for additional information.
• Manage capital funding authorities and spending caps. Identify potential concerns and solutions, and assist in the development of future planning strategies.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #145424 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.