Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience.*
• A bachelor’s degree is required, and an advanced degree is preferred.
• At least six (6) years of relevant experience in project management, data analysis, data mining tools, research or related fields demonstrating increasing complexity and levels of responsibility.
• At least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience.
*Substitutions: four years of specialized experience or an associate’s degree and two years of specialized experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree; J.D. or master’s degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Director and Executive Deputy Director of New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA), the Deputy Director will oversee the Division of Data Collection and Analytics. The incumbent is an integral member of the Executive Management Team and is responsible for leading a division of systems and research analysts to support work on the agency’s data collection and reporting needs, working will all divisions and units. The work performed by the Division of Data Collection and Analytics has an impact not only on the Agency but also on the 59 NYS county-based Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) which administer the majority of NYSOFA’s programs affecting the over 4 million New Yorkers who are 60 years of age and older.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Overseeing the newly created Division of Data Collection and Analytics; developing and implementing policies to ensure successful operation of the Division.
• Develop, define, and oversee project team roles and responsibilities; develop work plan structure and project schedules.
• Provide oversight and project management of the agency and statewide data collection, case management, data analysis and reporting system and initiatives, including various federal and state database systems.
• Providing oversight in the validation of solution designs and integration to ensure alignment across the data collection/reporting environment.
• Managing multiple stakeholders to develop and ensure a clear understanding of business needs, defining goals and outlining risks to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
• Developing and managing project scopes and plan processes by helping to document the project goal, roadmap, and deliverables.
• Collaborating with business and IT teams to analyze and document requirements.
• Supervising the project team in the Division and providing support to NYSOFA’s AAA network.
• Coordinating the development of reports for the Director/Executive Deputy Director, the statewide AAA network, Governor’s office, Legislature, and other relevant organizations/parties as needed; complying with state and federal data and reporting requirements.
• Overseeing agency internal controls reporting.
• Performing other duties as required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza