Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Assistant Director Information Technology Services 1 OR in a position at M-3 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than one M-grade.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Asst. Director of Information Technology Services 2, M5, State Geographic Information Officer (GIO), within the Office of the Chief Data Office, this position will serve as the Deputy GIO for the bureau. This position will also lead and direct the overall operations of Geospatial Data Services. This will include responsibility for the framework data programs including aerial imagery, elevation, addressing, streets, property parcels, and municipal boundaries. These data programs support the entire enterprise (state agencies) and all levels of government.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Support the mission of the bureau and assist the GIO in administering, directing, and managing the bureau
• Provide guidance and oversight for the framework data programs including aerial imagery, elevation, addressing, streets, property parcels, and municipal boundaries
• Responsible for the management of the NYS GIS Clearinghouse and its content
• Guide the creation and maintenance of GIS data needed for Next Generation 9-1-1
• Oversee requests for maps and analysis from the executive chamber
• Support the data needs of the Critical Response Information System and successors
• Oversee emergency response GIS Support
• Be instrumental in leadership and coordination activities throughout the State’s GIS stakeholder community and the Geospatial Advisory Council
• Work closely with the State Geographic Information Officer who will have responsibility for statewide GIS policy, vision, and coordination
Additional Comments Fingerprinting and background check are required for employment with ITS.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by December 15, 2023, indicating that you are applying for Assistant Director Information Technology Services 1, Ref. #6689. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.