Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience.*
*Substitutions: four years of specialized experience or associate’s degree and two years of specialized experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree; J.D. or master’s degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will function as the Executive Assistant to the Commissioner and Chief of Staff. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Research and assemble pertinent information for Department initiatives, analyze data and provide recommendations for actions.
• Collect and analyze data for reports and documents.
• Review and revise current Department Policy or other documents for issuance.
• Review communication and correspondence for the Commissioner and Chief of Staff, provide recommended action, assign to appropriate party, follow up as necessary.
• Act as liaison with Executive and Management staff at NYSDOT, and with other agencies for special projects and assignments.
• Review and analyze documents submitted by program areas and provide feedback.
• Establish an effective working relationship with Executive Chamber staff.
• Research relevant information and draft correspondence for signature.
• Represent Executive staff in meetings or on conference calls.
• Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality, and
Supervise other support staff, which includes hiring, tracking work assignments and performance evaluations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-604 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than December 20th, 2023.