365 Jordan Road
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program, or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
For 70.1 or 70.4 transfer to a Senior Computer Operator, salary grade (SG)-14, you must have one year of permanent competitive, or 55-b/55-c service in an approved title for transfer allocated to an SG-12 or above.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For more information on this program, please visit the NYS Department of Civil Service website, 55b/c Recruitment Resources Center (ny.gov)
Duties Description • Initiate daily production batch schedules.
• Monitor system consoles and diagnostic software and communicate any alerts or failures to the appropriate parties for resolution.
• Prepare shift, incident, and turnover reports to provide problem descriptions, actions taken, and any other pertinent information.
• Initiate hardware and software incident reports.
• Create procedures for use with the Enterprise Systems Platform (ESP) scheduling software.
• Monitor the progress of batch schedules and immediately report issues to the appropriate technical teams for resolution.
• Review daily batch processing schedules and instructions with Operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of the tasks required to successfully execute batch schedules.
• Migrate programs and files into production libraries.
• Analyze job failures and take appropriate action to communicate and resolve the issue, following run book documentation or additional business user instructions.
• Effectively communicate with technical staff to resolve job failures or completing ad hoc requests.
• Remove completed jobs from system and conduct quality control checks.
• Perform quality assurance checks on printed correspondence.
• Load print output (upwards of 50 lbs.) and use pallet jack to move inventory throughout the facility.
• Perform regular cleaning and basic maintenance of print and post print equipment.
• Monitor and manage Ricoh Process Directory (RPD) jobs and workflows.
• Troubleshoot issues that arise with the RPD software.
• Research and implement features in the software that are currently not being utilized.
• Prepare (clean and mount) and assign physical and virtual media.
• Monitor tape silo robotic arm.
• Prepare media for transport to offsite storage.
• Document, erase, and prepare media for destruction.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrates reliability and dependability under varying shifts and conditions.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment, willing to take direction, as well as work independently.
• Demonstrates ability to maintain production while ensuring quality control standards are continually maintained.
• Knowledgeable in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 15, 2023. Documents must be sent as unlocked and accessible attachments.
Reference Item #00628-EMZ in the subject line of your email and on your cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Lisamarie Astarita, CIO_HR@osc.ny.gov
When responding, please include the reference number from this section only. The StateJobsNY website Vacancy ID # should not be included.