Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on Current Civil Service Eligible List for this title
Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section (i.e. 70.1, 70.4, 52.6) of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
1. Experience Supervising
2. Minimum Five years auditing experience
3. Experience auditing financial aid processes (desirable)
4. Accounting degree, business degree
5. Certification CIA, CPA a plus
6. Experience planning and performing internal audits, IT audits,
7. Able to lead audit teams and manage multiple audits
8. Able to work with teams to identify critical reportable
9. Able to edit audit reports for clarity and conciseness
10. Able to manage audits from initiation to completion
11. Able to work with teams to identify issues, root causes, and
make feasible recommendations
12. Driver’s license: ability to travel throughout NY State
13. Experience with internal controls, risk management and COSO
Duties Description Duties include but are not limited to:
Under the supervision of the Director of Audits, the Auditor 3 will perform the following duties:
1. Objectively review HESC’s business processes and internal
controls from an IT and access control standpoint in
accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the
U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Government Auditing
Standards and/or any other related industry standards.
2. Provide assurance and consultative services to management in
furtherance of the agencies strategic plan
3. Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are
currently in place, specifically, but not limited to risks in
systems, databases, web applications. Perform information
system control reviews to include system development
standards, operating procedures, system security,
programming controls, communication controls, backup and
disaster recovery and system maintenance to ensure that
controls surrounding these processes are adequate
4. Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws
5. Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls
and governance processes
6. Utilize experience with system design, development, and
evaluation of mainframes to drive IT audit initiatives, special
projects, and improvement initiatives
7. Perform a full range of general IT, access and application
control reviews. Perform IT security audits (network, operating
system, and data center)
8. Define and implement audit methodology procedures, tools,
work papers and all audit related documentation
9. Align activities with HESC's IT financial aid systems audit
strategy, goals, and objectives as well as the objectives of the
agency as a whole
10. Build and nurture key management and business
11. Assist in developing and managing external relationships —
systems vendors, external auditors, regulatory, consultants.
12. Ability to support audit group in IT related functions such as
designing, developing/programming, maintaining
technological solutions in support of audit activity.
13. Review and evaluate general computing controls and provide
value added feedback
14. Perform the full scope of supervisor duties, supervising at
least one Auditor 1.
15. Perform any other audit related duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease be sure to include a valid daytime telephone number and e-mail address on your resume and/or cover letter.
To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Auditor 2 #3856" in the subject line.