Minimum Qualifications Reassignment – Currently in the title and an employee of DEC.
Reinstatement Eligible – Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible – One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 29/M3 or higher and: Eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 within two salary grades/one M grade of this position. To determine if your title is designated as 52.6 go to the Department of Civil Service website and search for your title under GOT-IT.
Duties Description -Manage the programs in the Region 4 Office of Environmental Quality including the Divisions of Air, Water, Environmental Remediation, and Materials Management. Continuously evaluate and improve business processes, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
- Manage staff assigned to the Region 4 Office of Environmental Quality to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the various Divisions’ work in alignment with regional priorities and objectives.
- Oversee permitting and compliance activities in the Region 4 Office of Environmental Quality, including enforcement activities coordinated with program staff, OGC, and the Regional Director.
- Manage DEC’s response to emergency incidents in coordination with the Regional Emergency Response Coordinator involving the Region 4 Office of Environmental Quality, including preparing, coordinating, directing, and responding to various emergency incidents. Includes the potential for working overtime and after-hours.
- Coordinate activities with interested stakeholders and responses to citizen complaints and inquiries. Participate in meetings with the regulated community, elected officials, governmental agencies, and the public as needed.
- Serve as a management representative on regional health and safety committee meetings and labor/management meetings.
- Keep the Regional Director and other DEC managers informed of program accomplishments, emerging issues, and potential significant incidents through effective verbal and written communication.
- Complete special tasks and assignments from the Regional Dir
Additional Comments Must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Travel may be required. Overtime may be required. Overnight travel may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required. Must be available for emergency response. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies. Telecommuting may be available, will be discussed at interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.