Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 12 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent will work in one of the BSC HR, Finance or Support service lines and will provide procedural assistance as necessary ensuring staff is reviewing transactions accurately and within specified timelines as outlined in the Standard Work Procedures (SWP), OGS Policies, and applicable NYS Laws, Rules, and Regulations. Duties typical of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide clear direction for problem solving by ensuring staff has access to, and understands, OGS/BSC Policies, SWP, and all available resources.
• Supervise a small team of processors and monitor their work habits (i.e., accuracy, timeliness, quantity, quality, teamwork, attendance.) Actively coach and provide guidance to team on a consistent basis. In addition, monitor staff performance by conducting timely process confirmations and daily post audit of staff’s work. When necessary and appropriate, take disciplinary action.
• Hold daily huddles to confirm communication with the team that includes current metric information, and identification of current or future problems or issues.
• Incorporate lean principles across all work, follow the WILO (Week in the Life Of) schedule, and perform all duties with a “continuous improvement” mindset, offering ideas and solutions to coworkers.
• Address inquiries from the mailboxes in a timely manner and provide follow through until open items are resolved. Answer calls from call center and provide follow through until open items are resolved.
• Work collaboratively with manager and peers to improve the processes of the BSC.
• Research difficult legal and/or technical information relative to new legislation; interpretation of the State Finance and Civil Service laws; form changes; and system change requests, procedures, and policy directives to determine impact on operations and procedures.
• Resolve difficult processing errors, identify processing system user needs and other more complex transactions.
• Collaborate in developing and executing test conditions to ensure performance of automated processes and systems in conformance with legislative mandates and department requirements.
• Analyze data and resolve complex auditing problems related to various NYS business practices, including various audit functions and related processes.
• Interact with customers (phone, email, in person) in a respectful, helpful manner, and actively listen to issues and guide them through appropriate solutions.
• Take a lead role in providing the best possible customer service while keeping the BSC’s and the State of New York’s needs in perspective.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza