Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
Duties Description Perform a variety of tasks which will provide administrative support activities to the General Counsel and staff attorneys. These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist General Counsel and attorneys as needed.
• Learn and work within agency computer software systems and platforms to include updating case materials and assisting with retrieving data responsive to FOIL requests.
• Communication, coordination, organization, and records maintenance within Counsel’s Office.
• General office coverage to include answering in-coming calls to main line, transferring calls to the appropriate person in Counsel’s Office or other appropriate department.
• Review and process all incoming/outgoing correspondence and prepare draft responses where appropriate.
• Coordinate information flow by acting as liaison between key executives, staff and public as applicable.
• Scan documents relating to a case before distributing to staff.
• Create charts, tables, and forms commonly used by attorneys.
• Schedule interviews and contact references for potential new employees; coordinate with Agency HR results of interviews and submission of required reporting.
• Handle incoming telephone calls, general inquiry emails, and respond to questions.
• Make travel arrangements for management staff, and act as proxy for submission of expense vouchers as needed.
• Coordinate, schedule and attend meetings, record meeting minutes, and disseminate those minutes to appropriate supervisors and staff.
• Prepare and coordinate documents for hearings and assist witnesses or visitors upon request.
• May establish staff schedules and maintain work-tracking procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
CSEA Downstate: Location Pay of $3,087
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza