Minimum Qualifications Position Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in fields such as public administration, mathematics, data science, economics, accounting, the social sciences or other related business or operational field. Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the fields of performance auditing, evaluation, oversight, or a project management-focused field. Applicant’s work experience sufficiency is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Knowledge of acceptable audit industry standards, processes, and procedures.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking skills, impartial judgment, and research aptitude.
• Excellent oral skills for interviewing, experience a plus.
• Excellent writing skills for documenting interviews, summarizing evaluation findings, and drafting reports.
• Ability to gather and interpret high volumes of complex data. Excellent working knowledge of computer applications relevant to auditing, including Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel is a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to interact effectively with department and agency staff and senior management.
• Travel within the MTA geographic jurisdiction will be required.
• Working outside of regular business hours may be required.
• Pursuant to authorization by the EDIG/Audit, this position is eligible for tele-working according to office policies.
Duties Description Responsibilities:
•• Works as a team member on more complex audits.
• Evaluates agency or program performance using qualitative and quantitative methods to determine expectations/standards, problems, causal factors, and options to correct.
• Reviews agency processes, procedures, and controls designed to manage and mitigate risk, fraud, waste, and abuse of agency resources.
• Identifies issues and develops a plan to assess their significance.
• Conducts interviews of agency and other personnel and prepares clear and concise interview memoranda.
• Develops appropriate recommendations to improve agency operations, cost-efficiency, and safety.
• Prepares professionally written reports on areas evaluated.
• Provides leadership, direction, and feedback to junior staff on the team.
• Responsible for meeting project milestones.
• Develops and maintains professional working relationships and continually gains knowledge of evolving MTA and agency operations.
• Works in a team environment to identify issues and develop methodology to assess their significance.
• Analyzes data using a variety of software to identify risks.
• Supports investigative cases with analysis or participates as part of the investigative team, as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the EDIG/Audit or designee.
Additional Comments How to Apply
Please email a résumé, cover letter, including where you viewed the posting to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.