Minimum Qualifications Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree, in fields such as public administration, business, mathematics, data science, economics, accounting, the social sciences, or other related business or operational field.
Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience, in the fields of performance auditing, evaluation, oversight, data analysis or a project management-focused field. Applicant’s work experience sufficiency is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking skills, impartial judgment, and research aptitude.
• Strong oral skills for interviewing, experience a plus.
• Strong writing skills for documenting interviews and summarizing evaluation findings.
• Ability to gather and interpret high volumes of complex data. Excellent working knowledge of computer applications relevant to auditing, including Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel is a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to interact effectively with department and agency staff and senior management.
• Travel within the MTA geographic jurisdiction will be required.
• Working outside of regular business hours may be required.
• Pursuant to authorization by the EDIG/Audit, this position is eligible for tele-working according to office policies.
Duties Description Duties & Responsibilities:
• Evaluates agency or program performance using qualitative and quantitative methods to determine expectations/standards, problems, causal factors, and options to correct.
• Reviews agency processes, procedures, and controls designed to manage and mitigate risk, fraud, waste, and abuse of agency resources.
• Works within the team to identify issues and develop a plan to assess their significance.
• Helps conduct interviews of agency and other personnel and prepares clear and concise interview memoranda.
• Contributes chapters to official written reports on the areas evaluated.
• Responsible for meeting project milestones.
• Develops and maintains professional working relationships and continually gains knowledge of evolving MTA and agency operations.
• Analyzes data using a variety of software to identify risks.
• Supports investigative cases with analysis or participates as part of the investigative team, as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the EDIG/Audit or designee.
Additional Comments How to Apply
Please email a résumé, cover letter, including where you viewed the posting to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.