Minimum Qualifications Eligible for transfer or reachable on appropriate civil service List. NOTE: In the event that an eligible list for this title does not exist,or has less than three acceptors, a current NYS employee with one year of permanent, contingent permanent or 55 b/c service as a Taxpayer Services Rep 1 or Taxpayer Services Rep 1 Spanish Lanugage may be appointed on a provisional basis.
Duties Description Function Description: Taxpayer Services Representative 2
• Supervise TSR1s and TIAs who answer questions to assist taxpayers and their representatives in preparing forms and responding to notices about income, sales, corporation, and miscellaneous tax and as needed serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) for more complex calls/issues. They may also be assigned to supervise TSR1s and TIAs that answer calls from a range of other NYS agencies outside DTF.
• Review written replies drafted by subordinates and prepare written responses to more complex requests from taxpayers, tax preparers, accountants, attorneys, and others.
• Refer inquiries, unrelated to department operations, to the appropriate agency for reply.
• Help maintain the knowledgebase content used to assist in answering calls.
• Provide technical assistance in navigating systems to subordinate staff members.
• Handle irate, disgruntled, or dissatisfied taxpayers as needed when a TSR1 or TIA needs to escalate a call.
• Act as an instructor/coach in CCD formal or informal training classes in cooperation with the Tax Department’s Training Bureau and the Office of Processing and Consolidated Contact Center Division Training Programs as well as creating such training and appropriate procedures.
• Act as a liaison to other program/tax areas.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual statistical/production reports.
• Monitor the performance of TSR’s and/or Tax Information Aides using real time and historical reporting systems.
• Evaluate performance using the Quality system in place as well as the performance evaluation system.
• Develop staff though the use of coaching sessions based on performance.
• Must be able to work overtime if mandated.
• Must be able to meet Department time and attendance requirements.
Additional Comments Telecommiting will be discussed in the interview.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. It's the policy of the state of New York to providefor and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions ofemployment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin,gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or an arrest or criminal conviction record unless based on abona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Bldg 9 Room 256
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume. Please reference the vacancy ID and job title with your response. If eligible via transfer, you may be contacted for your social security number for verification of NYS service.