Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience utilizing business systems, processes, and procedures.
Substitution: Six years of specialized experience; associate’s degree and four years of experience.
J.D. or master’s degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience.
*** These temporary project positions are located in Albany, NY. ***
These temporary project positions have been approved by Civil Service to 9/15/24. Positions may be extended after this date based on operational needs and Civil Service approval.
Duties Description Project Assistant positions will help support the Systems Innovation Division with tax modernization. In these roles, incumbents would collect and document requirements, document system functions, test system changes prior to delivery, and serve as ITS liaisons between the business users and the development team.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
• Obtain, document and track business requirements to develop automated applications which meet business priorities.
• Attend project meetings while documenting any decisions and tracking issues to ensure they are resolved.
• Create functional design specifications for system implementations, integrations, and enhancements.
• Perform functional testing.
• Maintain project documentation.
• Communicate issues and information effectively, both verbally and in writing, with functional and technical staff.
• Collaborate effectively within a team environment.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Adhere to the time and attendance policies of the department.
Additional Comments New York State is an equal opportunity employer. It’s the policy of the state of New York to provide for and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or an arrest or criminal conviction record unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume, including current title and how you qualify. Please reference the vacancy ID number, job title and the Systems Innovation Division. In the subject of your response.