25 Center Circle
Minimum Qualifications Permanent qualification: Candidates must currently be a permanent Office Assistant 2 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list.
Transfer qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional qualifications: Candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have one-year permanent service in an office assistant or clerical title allocated to a grade 6 or higher.
Duties Description This position will report to the Sr. Admin and provides office and clerical work to the Quality Improvement department. The position is vital to the administration and operations support for the individuals served as it maintains all essential documents and records. Additionally, this position supports implementation of statewide and district special projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide clerical assistance to the Quality Improvement department.
• Track and obtain records needed from the community.
• Clerical support and data processing for special projects related to all Individualized Residential Alternatives, Day Habilitation, and Family Care programs.
• Assist with annual mailings.
• Input and maintain multiple accurate and up to date tracking spreadsheets and reports.
• Maintain documentation of records (paper and electronic)
• Weekly and monthly billing support responsibilities
• Support and assist with organization of record archives.
• Attend routine meetings.
• Work with all programs to obtain medical records.
• Assist with the development/maintenance of a training manual for the department, unit, and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Present written and oral communication in a professional manner consistently
• Maintain a good time and attendance record, notify supervisor of any absences, and cover for other staff as agreed upon during requests for time off.
• Ensure that a meeting is held, and all information needed to complete tasks is provided to designated back-up staff prior to all scheduled time off.
• Complete all required trainings.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
25 Center Circle
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number and position title of this announcement on your resume.