2957 Crompond Road
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in the plumbing trade under a skilled tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services. When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Duties Description Under the supervision of higher-level personnel, the Trades Generalist will:
• Perform journey-level work in the primary trade of plumbing and plumbing repairs, and skilled and semiskilled levels of work in basic electrical, painting, general masonry, carpentry, maintenance, and repairs.
• Learn pool operations and maintenance.
• Assist with winterization of facility (bathrooms, pool, water fountains, etc.).
• Operate and maintain pool filter room equipment, pumps, etc. including electrical controls.
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on vehicles and small engine equipment such as mowers weed eaters, blowers, etc.; repair tires, replace hydraulic hoses, change fluids (oil, transmission, and brake), repair and replace engine hoses, etc.
• Build, repair and install such items as counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, windows, building framework, roofs and trim following verbal or written instructions.
• Make recommendations to supervisor for specific materials needed in the performance of tasks, and order and maintain adequate levels of supplies to accomplish tasks as authorized by supervisor.
• Conduct inspections of facilities to determine maintenance needs and make recommendations of priorities for repairs based on the nature of the maintenance problem as necessary.
• Perform other tasks including painting, general masonry, maintenance and repairs, tree removal, storm clean-up, operating chain saws, woodchippers, etc.
• Maintain machinery and equipment and ensure work areas and equipment are clean, safe, and properly serviced.
• Inspect work area and facility for safety hazards, carry out corrective actions to reduce or eliminate risk to employees and public safety, and complete required safety reports.
• Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment of various weights and sizes as needed.
Additional Comments Operating Needs:
• Must possess and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License as a term and condition of employment.
• Must successfully complete the Certified Pool Operator certification process within the probationary period or at the next available offering as a term and condition of employment.
• Must be available to work a varied schedule that may include weekends, holidays, and shift work as operationally necessary.
• Must have the ability to prepare job estimates and order shop supplies.
• Must have the ability to read, understand, and execute instructions.
• Must have the ability to lift, carry and move equipment and/or materials up to 50 lbs.
• Must obtain Game of Logging Level 1 and 2 certificates within the probationary period as a term and condition of employment.
• Must have the ability to work from extension ladders and various heights.
• Additional electrical experience is preferred, but not required.
There are various benefits that a permanent employee may be eligible for based on their negotiating unit, such as:
• Vacation, Holiday, Sick, And Personal Leave
• Health Care Coverage – Medical, Dental, Vision
• Retirement Plan
• Payroll Deduction Savings Plans
• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
• Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Program (EWP)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
2957 Crompond Rd
Notes on ApplyingIf you feel you meet the minimum qualifications, the agency operating needs and are interested in being considered for
this vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from your local office, your region’s administrative headquarters or download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at https://parks.ny.gov/documents/employment/FillableUpdatedParksEmployeeApplicationS1000Part1Taconic.pdf
Please forward your application and resume to: Frank Mami, FD Roosevelt State Park, 2957 Crompond Rd, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 or you can email your application, resume and letter of interest to Frank Mami at email@example.com with the subject line “FDR Trades Generalist”.