Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students) OR currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or equivalent to a C.
• Second year law student or a graduate level student focusing on cybersecurity/risk
• Coursework in cybersecurity law or relevant topics
• Coursework in privacy law or relevant topics
• Coursework in risk management
Duties Description Reporting to the Chief Risk and Data Privacy Officer, duties of this position will include:
• Assisting the Chief Risk and Data Privacy Office in developing, coordinating, publishing, and implementing statewide and enterprise IT privacy and enterprise risk management policies, standards, and procedures;
• Conducting research and preparing reports on privacy and/or enterprise risk management issues;
• Liaising with ITS staff to identify and mitigate enterprise risks or risks that impact privacy;
• Ensuring the Chief Risk and Data Privacy Office is updated on Federal, state and local privacy laws and standards, and information privacy technology and identify privacy impacts within enterprise;
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief Risk and Data Privacy Officer.?
Additional Comments Fingerprinting and background check may be required.
Benefits of Working for NYS for eligible employees:
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
• Up to 50% telecommuting
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and current transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 20, 2023. Please indicate you are applying to the Student Assistant (Privacy and Risk) position, Ref #6859, in your subject line.