110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program, or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1, 52.6, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
For 70.1, 52.6, or 70.4 transfer to a Contract Management Specialist 1, salary grade (SG)-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive, or 55-b/55-c service in an approved title for transfer allocated to an SG-16 or above. SG-12 or above for a Trainee 2, SG-11 or above for a Trainee 1, depending on qualifications.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
Depending on qualifications, you may be required to serve a 1 or 2-year traineeship that leads to the full level SG-18 position.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For more information on this program, please visit the NYS Department of Civil Service website, 55b/c Recruitment Resources Center (ny.gov)
Duties Description Review and approve/disapprove procurements and other related financial documents.
• Read documents, identify areas of concern, communicate concerns and recommendations to state agency staff.
• Reviews transactions for compliance with State policy, rules and regulations, availability of funds and overall reasonableness of the agreement.
• Documents audit concerns and issues and recommend audited contracts for OSC approval or disapproval.
Provide guidance, technical assistance, and training to agency staff and/or potential bidder(s) to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met.
• Contact agency staff to review contract preparation and award requirements.
• Provide guidance to agency staff on the evaluation and selection process for various procurement methodologies.
Develop and assist with the development of audit guidelines and standards for contracts and other related financial documents.
• Review new legislation, integrate with existing guidelines and standards for audits.
• Recommend process changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
• Ability to compare documents to laws, rules and regulations for conformity.
• Ability to communicate contract requirements to agency staff.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC) supports telecommuting where it is reasonable to do so based upon the agency’s mission and operational needs. Generally, employees new to OSC will be restricted from telecommuting for at least 8 calendar weeks. After the initial 8 calendar week restriction, if an employee’s duties and work performance are aligned with telecommuting they may be allowed to do so. Upon approval to telecommute, OSC employees may telecommute up to 5 days per pay period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 20, 2023. Documents must be sent as unlocked and accessible attachments.
Reference Item #01684(3)-CMS in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Jim Iwaneczko, email@example.com,gov
When responding, please include the reference number from this section only. The StateJobsNY website Vacancy ID # should not be included.