Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
AgencyCorrections and Community Supervision, Department of
Bargaining UnitM/C - Management / Confidential (Unrepresented)
Salary RangeFrom $88283 to $111592 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Travel Percentage 10%
Hours Per Week 40
From 9 AM
To 5 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision - Board of Parole
1220 Washington Avenue, Building 4
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have been admitted to the New York State Bar and must have had two years of experience in the practice of law subsequent to admission to the Bar.
Duties Description Duties, travel, and work hours to be discussed at time of interview.
1. Representing the Board of Parole in revocation appeals that may require appearances in Court;
2. Responsible for responding to administrative appeals and litigation concerning Board matters;
3. Provides legal advice to the Board, the Bureau of Adjudication, and other Board staff;
4. Assists Board of Parole counsel with addressing internal issues that arise between the Board and DOCCS staff;
5. Aids in drafting legislation, regulations, and directives for the board;
6. Interfaces frequently with the Office of the Attorney concerning litigation issues;
7. Special projects as needed and directed by the Board of Parole counsel;
8. Helps with drafting training materials that will be supplied to Board staff.
Additional Comments Multiple vacancies. Position located within the Board of Parole.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.