140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Bldg 19, 2nd Floor
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Associate’s degree plus three years relevant experience or High School diploma or equivalent plus four years of DASNY relevant experience or five years of relevant experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Business Administration, Construction Technology or related field plus one-year relevant experience. Experience with JD Edwards and Contract Manager preferred.
PC applications and construction systems experience. Working knowledge and experience with construction systems (preferably Oracle Contract Manager and PMWeb, along with P6 scheduling).
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
•Basic knowledge of the construction process.
•Excellent oral and written communications skills.
•Demonstrated analytical skills.
•Strong interpersonal skills.
•Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
•Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Construction Services Specialist works with various financial and construction systems/applications to assist DASNY personnel and clients in the management of project related data.
•Manage project financial and non-financial information in the systems critical to successful client and management reporting.
•Manage, prioritize and/or perform clerical and administrative workload; assign and monitor completion of work.
•Review and/or approve documents, reports and other tasks and assignments performed by clerical staff.
•Develop, prepare and maintain various reports, documents, spreadsheets, databases, logs and charts of moderate complexity requiring use of intermediate and advanced computer application skills.
•Analyze data, detect and correct problems in the financial management and project management systems to insure data integrity within and between systems.
•Process various project specific activities in the financial and project management systems including, but not limited to, project set-up requests, budget changes and reallocations, contract amendments and change orders. Working with financial and project management systems and DASNY personnel, analyze project and contract eligibility for close-out.
•Coordinate, facilitate and administer project close-out process.
•Manage client access to the Project Status Report and other reports on DASNY's Extranet, and establish channels of communication with DASNY's external clients for this purpose.
•Conduct project site visits; provide project administration and support to onsite project management at various field sites for extended periods of time.
•Train internal and external systems users.
•Recommend and develop improvements to unit processes, documents and forms.
•Assist in monitoring the unit budget, prepare payment documentation and purchase order requisitions.
•Assist in the development, testing and implementation of computerized systems applications
•Research information, prepare moderately difficult analysis and present findings.
•Confer and/or correspond with internal and external parties to assure proper completion forms, documents and other materials in accordance with applicable requirements, identify and describe potential problems or delays encountered and relay relevant information to unit manager/supervisor
Other Duties and Responsibilities
•Manage e-mail distribution lists for internal and external users of Contract Manager, PSR and other reports.
•May train and evaluate employees.
•Assist with the documentation and implementation of procedures.
•Assist with internal controls implementation, review and testing.
•Undertake special assignments as directed.
•Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
•Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees may be required.
Frequent travel is required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include weekly travel and occasional extended overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year (plus one float day)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
We offer additional benefits, which includes:
• Telecommuting Work Plan - Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to DASNY’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines. The days designated as telecommute days must be consistent with operational needs as determined by DASNY division, department and/or unit management. Employees may only telecommute on up to four (4) workdays per pay period and shall be limited to no more than two (2) contiguous telecommute workdays. Eligibility applies after 3 months of employment.
• Limited Work From Home (LWFH) – additional telecommute days according to DASNY’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines. Eligibility applies after 6 months of employment.
• DASNY is a government employer for purposes of the Public Services Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF Program). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance of certain student loans after making 120 qualifying monthly payments. For more information regarding PSLF Program and whether you qualify please visit the Studentaid.gov website.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease use the link provided to apply:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.