7900 Green Lakes Road
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in the electrical trade under a skilled tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program, or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in the electrical trade at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services; OR successful completion of the two-year Trades Specialist (Electrician) traineeship or a two-year electrician training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program* such as the New York State Civil Service Employees Association-Partnership Applied Skilled Trades Traineeship and Certificate Program.
*Successful completion of the traineeship and the training program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific classroom instruction, 45 hours of technical math course work, 45 hours of technical communications course work, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading course work. Course work must be completed with an average of “C” or better. Additionally, successful completion of the traineeship also includes 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State.
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Regional Construction Manager, the incumbent will perform multiple tasks including:
• Diagnose and resolve electrical system malfunctions.
• Test electrical equipment to ensure safety and efficiency.
• Install fixtures, motors and various electrical components.
• Inspect circuits and wiring, and perform necessary rewiring of systems.
• Plan layouts for new electrical installations with precision.
• Measure, cut, bend, thread, and assemble electrical conduit for optimal functionality.
• As assigned, supervise and instruct others in the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems.
• Operate a bucket truck proficiently.
Additional Comments OPERATING NEEDS:
• Must possess and maintain a valid NYS driver’s license as a term and condition of employment.
• Must possess or obtain a valid NYS Class B Commercial Driver’s License within the probationary period and maintain it as a term and condition of employment.
• Must be able to learn how to operate a bucket truck; incumbent will be trained and must be qualified to operate a bucket truck within probationary period.
• Must have working knowledge of safety regulations pertaining to materials used and safety regulations pertaining to fall protection.
• Must have a working knowledge of high voltage underground main feeders up to 15 kV.
• Must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor.
• Must be reliable, flexible and willing to work in a team setting.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with other staff and park patrons in a responsible and courteous manner.
*Under the provisions of the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act (1991), this position has been designated Safety Sensitive. The incumbent is required to participate in pre-employment, random and post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
There are various benefits that a permanent employee is entitled to, based on their negotiating unit, which may include:
• Vacation, Holiday, Sick, And Personal Leave
• Health Care Coverage
• Retirement Plan
• Payroll Deduction Savings Plans
• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
Learn more about benefits for permanent state employees: https://parks.ny.gov/employment/benefits.aspx
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
If you feel you meet the minimum qualifications and the agency’s operating needs, and are interested in being considered for this vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office, your region’s administrative headquarters or you can download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at https://parks.ny.gov/regions/central/default.aspx.
Please forward your application and resume, if available, to Cinda Pierce, NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, 6105 East Seneca Turnpike, Jamesville, NY 13078 or email to Central.Employment@parks.ny.gov. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Charles Halligan at (315) 492-1756.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe their experience and demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications and agency operating needs.
Join our team! Come see why it's great to work for New York State Parks! https://parks.ny.gov/employment