Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
This position may be filled from a mandatory reemployment list if one is in effect at the time of appointment.
Valid New York State driver's license required.
Duties Description Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Maintains the appearance and conditions of grounds at State facilities.
· Cleans grounds by sweeping, raking, shoveling and removing debris, leaves, branches, etc.
· Clears sites and prepares them for planting by raking, tilling soil, adding mulch and digging.
· Plants seeds, bushes, trees, etc. using hand or power equipment.
· Cuts grass using lawnmowers; fertilizes and waters grounds; prunes bushes and trees; removes or transplants bushes or trees.
· Removes dead trees by cutting and splitting logs using chainsaws, sledge hammers and wedges.
· Loads trucks with debris, logs, dirt, etc. using hand or power equipment.
· May construct, repair or paint fences.
Maintains roads, walkways and parking lots at State facilities.
· Breaks up concrete to repair holes using hand or power equipment.
· Mixes and applies concrete and asphalt for patches.
· Removes trash and debris from roads, walkways and parking lots by sweeping and shoveling by hand.
· Removes snow and ice from walkways by shoveling and operating snow removal equipment.
· Plows roads and parking lots with trucks and tractors.
· Mixes salt, sand, and calcium for use on walkways and roads and spreads by hand or power equipment.
Maintains athletic fields and grass fields.
· Cuts and rakes grass as required.
· Resods, and repairs damaged areas of fields.
· Checks the correct operation of water sprinkler systems, and reports deficiencies to higher level staff.
· Lines and prepares fields for athletic events.
· May be assigned to apply pesticides or fertilizer in accordance with State pesticide application regulations.
May perform a variety of manual tasks in support of the building and grounds program.
· Sets up and removes snow fences and markers at fire hydrants and catch basins.
· Performs routine building maintenance work and minor maintenance on tools and power machines.
· Loads and unloads trucks and moves furniture.
· Shovels, digs ditches, and installs signs.
• Valid New York State Driver’s License is required.
• Ability to perform manual labor
• Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime to support Campus events and snow removal is required
• Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
• Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated. Candidates are required to possess a Class D license
• Must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and to communicate effectively to obtain and convey information.
• May be expected to be qualified to use negative pressure respirators
Additional Comments To apply, please go to: https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170658
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three-year period.
Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1400 Washington Avenue, UAB 300