75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must be permanent in the Operations Support Manager 1 title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law into the Operations Support Manager 1 by having at least one year of permanent service in a qualifying title within two salary grades or one M-grade of this position.
In accordance with Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law, this notice advises all employees of the Office of Mental Health of our intention to potentially conduct a non-competitive promotion examination for the position of Operations Support Manager 1, M-1, at the Office of Mental Health, Central Office. Permanent appointment may be made by non-competitive promotion of an applicant who meets the position’s minimum qualifications if all requirements of a non-competitive promotion appointment are met. In order to be eligible for a non-competitive promotion examination, candidates must be a qualified employee of OMH and have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an Office Services Manager, G-23.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Operations Support Manager 1, M-1 position in the Administrative Support Services Group, Bureau of Facility Support Services. The incumbent of this positions will perform program management activities required to support the OMH Fleet program and act as the OMH Sustainability Coordinator.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administer the procurement of all agency vehicles utilizing a manual bidding process managing all phases of the procurement from rom bid to award. to vendor payment. Manage the purchasing process following approval of a Business Case. This includes submission of requests to OGS to release mini bids, all communication with potential vendors, determination of awardee, oversight of procurement process and vendor payment, oversight of vehicle registration and ongoing maintenance.
• Monitor agency fleet information in the OGS Fleetwave on-line database and within OMH’s Capital Asset Management System (CAMS) to update and monitor fleet information.
• Manage the purchasing, procurement, maintenance, repair, assignment, and use of the agency's 1,700 vehicle and heavy equipment assets.
• Prepare annual purchase requisitions for fuel purchases and vehicle maintenance
• Communicate with DMV and OGS fleet contacts as needed and provide input to OGS in the development of fleet related documents and contracts
• Review, approve and sign affidavits from the AG’s office on accident settlements.
• Serve as OMH’s Sustainability Coordinator and be responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the statewide sustainability efforts and reporting requirements in accordance with Executive Order(s). Examples include: Annual GreenNY report, Zero Emission Vehicle Conversion Plan, agency Waste Diversion Plan, and tracking progress towards all Executive Order 22 benchmarks and other agency sustainability goals.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities. Recruit, train and supervise subordinate staff. Assign and review work and monitor completion of assignments. Conduct performance evaluations and address any deficiencies with staff, as appropriate.
• Attend conference calls and on-site meetings.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #145630 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.