Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2834 Route 17M, PO Box 158
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for this title;
Transfer Opportunity - Candidates must be permanent in this title and eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates may be required to pass a physical and medical examination prior to appointment.
Duties Description As a Security Hospital Treatment Assistant, in a secure forensic unit or hospital, you would provide assistance with psychiatric treatment and rehabilitation. You will also be responsible for the safety and security of individuals diagnosed with mental illness who are considered to be dangerous to themselves and/or others. You would model acceptable behaviors and verbal skills, teach replacement behaviors and implement treatment goals through positive therapeutic interactions with patients. You would lead or co-lead therapeutic activity groups, escort patients off grounds to appointments, provide 1:1 patient supervision, complete reports and documentation, constantly monitor patients and provide for a safe and therapeutic environment. You will use verbal techniques to deescalate situations and will use approved physical intervention techniques as a last resort to ensure the safety of patients and others. You would also assist in the application of restraint or seclusion. You would assist with personal hygiene such as monitoring of vital signs, use of first aid, and CPR.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review:
Prospective appointees will be:
1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable.
2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees.
3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Additional Comments: There are 7 permanent positions available and 1 Contingent Permanent position available.
Additional monies are paid for:
• Pre-shift briefings
• $750 facility security pay
• Inconvenience pay
• Mid-Hudson Adjustment of $919
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
2834 Route 17M, PO Box 158
Notes on ApplyingIndicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it with your other application materials.