Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer in title: Currently a non-probationary DA 1 --Salary Grade 12.
70.1 Promotion/Transfer Qualifications: One year permanent service as: Direct Support Assistant Or Direct Support Assist/IRM, Both SG-9; Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-10; Senior Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-11; Or Non- Probationary DA 1/IRM, SG-12.
Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Developmental Assistant Trainee may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The DA 1 position will be utilized as a hands-on working supervisor who is counted as part of the daily direct care staffing minimum.
• This person will assist with planning and scheduling community inclusion activities, and ensures that all consumers have an opportunity to participate.
• Assures that behavior and residential habilitation plans are enacted as written.
• Perform house maintenance inspections and schedule needed repairs.
• Completes other duties as delegated by the DA 2 & DA 3.
• This person will also have supervisory duties related to the afternoon and midnight shift.
Additional Comments SHIFT/PASS DAYS:
Sunday – Thursday; 2 pm – 10 pm
Pass Days: Friday/Saturday
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Chewanda Reese TTL at 315-473-6361.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.