Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidate must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Bilingual Education, Associate in Continuing Education, Associate in Early Childhood Education, Associate in Education Improvement Services, Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation or Associate in Instructional Services.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates to fill the position of Supervisor of Education Programs in the Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages. This Office provides support and technical assistance to Districts, Charter Schools, Non-Public Schools and other organizations in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for English Language Learners (ELLs), as well as to foreign language students within the State’s P-16 initiative. The incumbent of this position will supervise activities to ensure the successful advancement of bilingual education initiatives. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise staff in the development of Part 154 Regulations and implementation and guidance documents and oversee development and issuance of Requests for Proposals (RFPs);
• Supervise the evaluation and reporting on the performance of State and local programs;
• Act as the Department’s liaison with local schools, administrators, teachers, parents and other educational organizations;
• Prepare major policy papers and studies related to Department initiatives;
• Provide information on evaluation to educational leaders from other states for benchmarking and continued improvement;
• Provide project assistance to the project manager and senior Department staff in relation to ESL and math; and
• Prepare written program and fiscal reports as required by the Director of Bilingual Education and Foreign Language Studies.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required.
*Leads to maximum salary of $114,553 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1713/66463) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1713/66463) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.