Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any current Nurse 1 or 2
Minimum Qualifications: For Nurse 1: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to
practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to
practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the
examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license
within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to
remove you from the position.
For Nurse 2: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to
practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN
licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Nurse 1 or 2 (all parenthetics) on an assigned shift, you will provide professional nursing services appropriate to individuals served by the program to which you are assigned. Services may include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. You will also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team.
As a Nurse 2
In addition, you may provide supervision to subordinate professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in the performance of their patient/resident care duties and be responsible for maintaining inventory standards for medicine, controlled drugs, and narcotics.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.