Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications PSYCHOLOGIST 2: One year as a Psychologist 1 OR Candidates must have a master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university which prepares graduates for master’s level psychologist positions in clinical, forensic, or community mental health settings; AND the degree program must have included a clinical psychology practicum, externship or clinical fieldwork.* In addition to the above requirements, candidates must have two years of supervised post-master’s degree experience in a clinical, community mental health setting, or forensic setting providing primarily psychological services.**
Substitutions for post-master’s degree experience: A doctoral degree in clinical psychology may be substituted for two years of post-master’s degree experience.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must have taken the Psychology Assistant 3 test scheduled on January 20, 2018 and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description PSYCHOLOGIST 2:
• Senior clinician; performs duties similar to those of a Psychologist 1; works with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems; and may provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
• Perform any/all of the duties of a Psychologist 1.
• Work with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems.
• May provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.