Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications ASSOCIATE PSYCHOLOGIST: Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a field of psychology; AND have completed a one year, full-time clinical internship or traineeship; OR one year of psychology experience in a clinical setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Candidates must demonstrate on their application how they meet this qualification.
**Experience in a clinical, community mental health, addiction treatment facility, or forensic setting is considered to be any direct care experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist, licensed psychologist, licensed physician, or licensed psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, or licensed clinical social worker. Qualifying experience for Psychologist 1 & 2 must primarily include administering assessments and tests for diagnostic psychological evaluations or completing functional behavioral assessments; developing behavior support plans; or writing psychological treatment plans; providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, cognitive disorders, behavioral disorders, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, substance abuse disorders, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
In addition, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, health psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, as a habilitation specialist, pastoral counseling, or experience as an instructor of psychology will NOT be considered as qualifying.
Non-qualifying master’s and doctoral degrees include, but are not limited to the following: degrees in education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personal services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial or organizational psychology or health psychology.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description ASSOCIATE PSYCHOLOGIST:
• Senior clinician; performs duties virtually identical to those of a Psychologist 2. Appointment at this level requires possession of a doctoral degree in a field of psychology.
• Perform any/all of the duties of a Psychologist 1.
• Work with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems.
• May provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.