Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
1. A Bachelor's degree is required for this position
2. 3+ years of progressively responsible technical research, statistical experience or professional analytical experience which demonstrates ability to conduct substantive surveys and studies of problems and issues in assigned areas
3. Expertise using Microsoft Excel, Access and familiarity with statistical software packages (i.e. SPSS)
4. Experience working with and extracting data from a student information system (i.e. Banner)
5. Excellent writing, communication and organization skills
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
1. Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible experience in institutional research in higher education
2. Masters degree in education research, social sciences, evaluation, psychometrics or other related disciplines.
Duties Description The State University of New York at Cobleskill is seeking an Institutional Research Analyst. The Research Analyst is responsible for producing information on institutional data to advance the both SUNY Cobleskill's educational policy, administrative decisions, enrollment planning, and assessment activities. This includes, but is not limited to producing various ad hoc reports for departments, administrators and committees on academic performance, outcomes assessment, department accreditation, self-studies, and required state and federal reporting.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, excellent interpersonal, oral and presentation, and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities in managing multiple projects and deadlines and the ability to work independently and under time pressure is important. The ability to anticipate, interpret, and quickly respond to and continuously improve quality of data needs, as well as an understanding of how to handle confidential information appropriately and effectively is essential.
Additional Comments No emailed or hard copy application materials will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr, click on "Current Openings" and select the position title to begin your application. Thank you.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNo emailed or hard copy application materials will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr, click on "Current Openings" and select the position title to begin your application. Thank you.