Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
You must have a master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university psychology degree program which prepares graduates for clinical positions in the field of psychology in a clinical, forensic, community mental health, or school setting. Qualifying degree programs must have included coursework in psychological and behavioral assessment, and treatment modalities for psychological and behavioral disorders.
NOTE: A Certificate of Advanced Study in psychology cannot be substituted for the required master of psychology degree.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Psychology Assistant 3 in the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, the incumbent performs a wide range of professional, administrative and technical duties such as;
• Assist in administering psychological tests and in conducting psychological evaluations and research.
• Assist in the development of treatment plans.
• Counsel individuals.
• Assist in individual, and group therapy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENTS: If there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSHIFT/PASS DAYS: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Includes ½ Hour Lunch Break) Flexibility required
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Please note positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Examples of qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to the following: clinical psychology, clinical forensic psychology, community psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, and child psychology.
Examples of non-qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to the following: education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, and organizational psychology.
Submit cover letter and résumé by, June 6, 2019. Please reference the Psychology Assistant 3 in all correspondence.